Tuesday, 30 June 2009

Woolfest goodies...

I'm a bit embarrassed by the extent of my stash from Woolfest...
Entire Woolfest stash
It took up most of the living room floor once I'd unloaded the car! Still, most of it was on my shopping list and I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into it!

The huge bag at the top is dyed Merino from Wingham Wool Work (where I also got the fetching jute bag for free with a voucher - join their subscribers list for regular offers like that), the batts and dyed soysilk are from Daniela at FeltstudioUK, the DPNs are from Linda at Tall Yarns 'n Tales, there's a Rare Breeds Survival Trust tea towel, some lovely sheep coasters from the British Wool Marketing Board stand, a big lump of naturally coloured brown Wensleydale combed top, a random selection of fibre, angelina sparkle, dyed silk and laceweight yarn on cones for corespinning. Phew!

Most of the bottom section of stash in the photo is dyed and undyed locks and curls from various places. This grey Gotland, white Bluefaced Leicester and brown-black Bluefaced Leicester was from the Highside Farm stand...
Gotland and Blue Faced Leicester curls
The coloured BFL locks remind me of Kellogs All-Bran cereal!
Funny BFL curls

These lovely hand dyed Teeswater and Gotland locks were from the Eden Valley Guild of Spinners, Weavers and Dyers stand...
Bags of hand dyed locks

Three bags full of coloured Wensleydale from the Manor House Studio stand...
Wensleydale curls

This is some fibre from Dusty the Angora rabbit...
Dusty bunny fibre
I've never spun Angora before. Its so soft you can hardly feel it!

Here's a close up of the sheepy coasters, just because I really like them...
Sheep coasters
My favourite is the Lincoln Longwool posing in front of the Humber Bridge :)

I'm very excited about some new yarns I've been working on recently, I'll share pictures soon!

1 comment:

  1. I really must get myself some of those coasters - adorable! :) You got some lovely things - those hand-dyed locks look particularly yummy! I'm guessing you've got a busy few months ahead of you.....
    x

    ReplyDelete