Friday, 1 January 2010

New Year...

Its 2010! Sounds very futuristic to me...

It was a full moon last night and the combination of that and the snow meant it was bright enough to go out without a torch. There aren't any street lights near us and normally you walk out of the front door into complete darkness, so it was exciting to be out in the moonlight!

I'd stocked up on sparklers so we walked up onto the common after midnight and had a play with those. Ade's a very confident sparkler-wielder...
Ade sparkles

But I seemed to pull a variety of strange faces with mine. I am enjoying myself, honest!
Kate sparkles

The sky last night also featured a partial lunar eclipse at about half past 7, which I found impossible to photograph, but was interesting to see. It was also a blue moon, so a very exciting evening for moon fans everywhere...

Happy New Year! :)

1 comment:

  1. A belated Happy New Year to you too! Lovely pics - sparklers are ace!

    ReplyDelete