Sunday, 5 December 2010

Sunshine and snow on Lowick Common...

We're lucky enough to have a fantastic common to play about on behind our house. Lowick Common has got it all going on... it's criss-crossed with paths and tracks and there are tarns and trees as well as plenty of wildlife to see and even a hill to climb (Lowick Beacon)... well, its a hill by my standards since I'm originally from a very flat county :)

Lowick Common is particularly fun to explore when it's covered in snow, so we went out this morning while the sun was shining...
Ade tromping along

Ade next to Leech Tarn...
Ade next to Leech Tarn

I'm usually too chicken to walk on frozen tarns but I gave it a go today...
Me on the ice action shot
:)

There were lots of beautiful frozen things to photograph and I played around with the polariser filter on our camera.

Frozen trees...
Frozen tree non-polarised

Frozen tree polarised

and frozen twigs...
Frozen twigs non-polarised

Frozen twigs polarised

Snow horse update: I'd hoped to get some more photos of the snow horse while the sun was out today (it was freezing fog all day yesterday while we were building him) but the end of his face has fallen off! I was going to repair him but our neighbours think he looks like their Jack Russell terrier now so I'll probably leave him in his new incarnation :D

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pics! I bet you enjoyed getting back in the warm with a hot drink though! xxx

    ReplyDelete